Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I love it.

I am starting to appreciate my street more and more. Literally my neighbors are hilarious. On one end they are screaming and yelling at once another then the next they are asking you how your apartment is and if you are enjoying the weather.

I haven't had the internet in a few days so this is my story of the weekend.

Around 2 a.m. screaming is heard from outside.

"Rita!!! Rita!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you do this to me?!?!? I love you Rita. I LOOOOVVVEEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pause for CH to poke me in the back and look at me to giggle.

"RITA COME BACK TO ME BABY, I MISS AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!"

This went on for a bit, but I fell asleep to the sweet sweet sounds of love ringing out in the air.

I wonder if my neighbors thought the same thing of me, giggling and eye rolling when CH came to my apartment (before we lived together) with his guitar and sang to me outside of my window. I didn't want to let him in because it was embarrassing--and when I did, my neighbors thought he climbed in the window--and came to the door to make sure I wasn't getting robbed or raped.

That is what is amazing. Neighbors looking after one another on one hand, and then them screaming at each other in the other. I love Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment