Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Borders Bathroom Musing

I should be studying.

I am sitting at Borders not really studying, but not NOT studying. I just went to the bathroom. I just need to know something. Is it me or when you walk into the public restroom and it smells god awful you get a panic attack. I immediately think, Great, the next person who walks through those doors is going to think that I did that smell. I do not want to have to walk out of the bathroom knowing that people think that I did that. Yes I am weird. I get that. But those are the exact thoughts that go through my head. I am going to be blamed for the hair stylist//poop//industrial waste smell. I hate walking into a bathroom that smells terrible for that very reason. Yeah, the smell is something I also hate but that is just normal to hate that. I really hate when the bathroom is facing the seating area so that everyone who is reading, drinking coffee, using the Internet can see you walk in and out of the bathroom. Is that really needed to set up the room that way? No, I do not think so. I believe that some sadist set up the Borders bathroom situation just to piss me off.

Then when I was sitting there contemplating the smell and the possible finger pointing, the sink starts running. Weird because it is a motion activated sink, AND THERE WAS NO ONE THERE. Now not only am I having a panic attack about the possible social downfall of being the smelly bathroom girl, I have to worry about ghosts. Ghosts in the bathroom. Great.....

I am going to study now and act normal. I feel the other patrons eyes on me and all I want to do is shout, "IT WASN'T ME!!"

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha you make me laugh! I have to admit though I always wonder If someone will blame me for the stench that I didnt make! I feel very uncomfortable pooping in a public place and usually cant!

    ReplyDelete